Yes, an old goldfish CAN be taught new tricks! Gosh, who’d a thunk? Here’s what the catalogue copy says:
R2 Fish Training School Kit
- The R2 Fish Training School Kit is a complete training system that includes everything you need to teach your fish over 10 amazing tricks (including soccer, football, basketball, limbo, fetch, tunnels, and more!)
- Instructional DVD
- R2 Fish School training platform
- Over 20 compatible training accessories
- Feeding wand
- Instruction manual with over 100 photos
- Compact, weighted base for bowls or small tanks – measures 10.25″ x 6.25″
- Simple, fast, and easy to understand
- For almost all fish 1″ to 6″ in length
- Used to train the fish trick world record holder – developed by a real Ph.D!
- Winner of “Best in Show” at 2009 Global Pet Expo!
I would have thought this was a total gag gift except for this YouTube video. Take a look. They claim that, “No stunt fish or special effects were used; that was an actual fish trained using this kit. You get everything you need to teach your fish to play football, play soccer, limbo, weave, fetch, go through tubes, and more! And then you can quit your job and go on tour. It’ll be just you, Twinkie the fish, and the open road. With the R2 Fish Training School Kit and a little perseverance, the world is your oyster . . . well, goldfish.”
But can they teach their fish to shake fins? I think not.
Anyway, if you’d like the best trained fish in your town, you can buy the kit for $29.99 here: